Frequently asked questions
1. Can you do the treatment over Japanese straightening?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any kind of straightening.
2. Is this treatment a relaxer?
No. It is a treatment based on keratin that naturally straightens your hair.
3. Can I colour my hair after the treatment?
Yes. We recommend doing so only 2 weeks after you have done the treatment. For better results, we actually recommend only after you colour your hair.
4. Can you do the treatment on top of relaxed hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any relaxed hair.
5. Can you do the treatment on previously chemically treated hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any chemically treated hair.
6. Can you do the treatment on highlighted hair?
Yes. You can do the highlights and do the treatment 2 weeks after.
7. Can you do the treatment on children, if yes, what ages?
Yes. We recommend it for children 12 years old and over.
8. When can I wash my hair after the treatment?
First hair wash should be done 3 whole days after the Cocochoco keratin treatment and 24 hours after the Cocochoco botox treatment.
9. Can I wear a ponytail or tie my hair?
No, only after the first hair wash.
10. What should I do if my hair gets wet during the first 3 days?
Blow dry and straighthen with hair straightener at 170°C.
11. Can I go into the pool or ocean after the treatment?
Yes, after the first hair wash.
12. How long will the treatment stay on my hair?
By using Cocochoco aftercare products, keratin treatment will last 4-6 months, and botox treatment 3-5 months.
13. What shampoo, hair mask and conditioner can I use after the Cocochoco treatment?
We recommend our aftercare product as they also have specially selected ingredients that prolong the treatment and provide the best possible results. They also contain keratin and provide UV protection.
14. Do I have to do touch-ups on my next visit or the whole head?
The whole head.
15. Can I do this treatment every month?
You can repeat the treatment after 4-5 weeks.
16. Should I cut my hair before the treatment?
No. We recommend cutting your hair afterwards, so this way you can trim the dead ends at the end of the treatment.
17. Can I use any hair-spray, gel, mousse or any other hair products on my hair during the first 3 day period?
18. If I get any ridges in my hair when I sleep, what should I do?
Use hair straightener at 170 °C to straighten out the ridge in the hair at 170 °C.
19. Can I do the treatment while pregnant or nursing?
All of Cocochoco products are safe to use. In order to be on the safe side, we advise not to use any keratin treatment while pregnant or breastfeeding, because due to hormons, there is a possible you won't get the expected effect.
20. What is the difference between Cocochoco keratin and Cocochoco botox treatment?
Cocochoco keratin straightens the hair and reduces its volume. Cocochoco botox provides deep hair care, but it will not straighten the hair or reduce volume. Botox provides UV protection. If the hair is extremely damaged, we recommend you to first do the botox treatment, then after 4, 5 or more weeks do keratin treatment.