Frequently asked questions
1. Can you do the treatment over Japanese straightening?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any kind of straightening.
2. Is this treatment a relaxer?
No. It is a treatment based on keratin that naturally straightens your hair.
3. Can I colour my hair after the treatment?
Yes. We recommend doing so only 2 weeks after you have done the treatment. For better results, we actually recommend only after you colour your hair.
4. Can you do the treatment on top of relaxed hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any relaxed hair.
5. Can you do the treatment on previously chemically treated hair?
Yes. You can do the treatment over any chemically treated hair.
6. Can you do the treatment on highlighted hair?
Yes. You can do the highlights and do the treatment right after.
7. Can you do the treatment on children, if yes, what ages?
Yes. We recommend on children 12 years old and over.
8. Can I wash my hair after the treatment, and when?
Yes, 3 whole days after you have done the treatment.
9. Can I wear a ponytail or tie my hair?
No, only 3 days after doing the treatment.
10. What should I do if my hair gets wet during the first 3 days?
Blow dry and straighen with hair straightener immediately.
11. Can I go into the pool or ocean after the treatment?
Yes. 3 days after the treatment.
12. How long will the treatment stay on my hair?
2 months on virgin hair, and 4-6 months on any other type of hair.
13. What shampoo and Conditioner can I use after doing the treatment?
We recommend our Cocochoco sulphate-free shampoo and Sodium Chloride Free Conditioner as they also have Keratin and UV protection.
14. Do I have to do touch-ups on my next visit or the whole head?
The whole head.
15. Can I do this treatment every month?
16. Should I cut my hair before the treatment?
No. We recommend cutting your hair afterwards, so this way you can trim the dead ends at the end of the treatment.
17. Can I use any hair-spray, gel, mousse or any other hair products on my hair during the first 3 day period?
18. If I get any ridges in my hair when I sleep, what should I do?
Use either a blow dryer or flat iron to straighten out the ridge in the hair.
19. Can I do the treatment while pregnant or nursing?
All of Cocochoco products are safe to use. In order to be on the safe side, we advise not to use any keratin treatment while pregnant or breastfeeding.